Tangent Technologies is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill a role as a Security Operations Center (SOC) Junior Analyst for an opening in Chandler, AZ supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) Security Operations Center (SOC). Security analysts are needed to staff a 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC). This position requires US Citizenship due to our Federal contractual obligations.
- IDS monitoring and analysis, analyze network traffic, log analysis, prioritize and differentiate
between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Create and track investigations to resolution.
- Compose security alert notifications.
- Advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
- Associates Degree and 2 years of experience in security.
- Must have a Security + Certification.
- Must have a Secret Clearance to start.
- Previous experience on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency
Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security
Operations Center (SOC). Experience with Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls,
Active Directory, Vulnerability Assessment tools and other security tools found in large network
environments; along with experience working with Security Information and Event Management
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network
and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and
other security software packages.
- A Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) certification. (Must have within 6 months of start date)
- Experience within the Department of Homeland Security or other government agencies is a plus
Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Security Requirement: Secret
All candidates must be clearable.
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
|Job Category||Cyber Security|